10 Minute Beansprout Ramen
It was 9pm when I got home from work. I was really tired and hungry, so I decided to eat instant noodles for dinner. (Big scowl from mother!) I didn’t think I could last for another 30 minutes (rice cooking waiting time), so I scoured for things in my refrigerator to whip up a decent instant noodle meal.
Here’s what I came up with and I thought of sharing this to you.
Main character: 1 pack instant noodles (any flavor, but I’d recommend pork or chicken)
Supporting characters: a handful of bean sprouts (togue), 2 stalks leeks, 1 egg
Crew: pepper, assorted chili powder, sesame oil
1. Boil around 2 cups of water in a sauce pan.
2. Chop leeks. Wash bean sprouts in cold water.
3. When the water is boiling, dunk in the instant noodle along with its seasoning (usually in a packet).
4. After around 2 minutes, put the bean sprouts into the pot.
5. After about 30 seconds, put the leeks. Add pepper.
6. Turn off heat. Then, crack one egg unto the steaming noodles.
7. Transfer in a bowl. Add around 1 teaspoon of sesame oil for taste. Sprinkle chili powder on top.
Serve and enjoy your ramen!
P.S. For added taste, you can also sprinkle some dried nori strips (seasoned dried seaweed).