Quick Avocado Salad
Last week, I was craving for a nice fresh bowl of guacamole. My tongue glands have this TexMex thing going on lately. (It made me buy a can of guacamole flavored Pringles.)
Anyway, off to the market , I went. (And to the supermarket, and yet another supermarket). Alas, I couldn’t find any coriander nor any chili but since I had avocados already, I decided to just improvise.
I had to satisfy my craving. I have to. (You know how it feels, right?)
So, yeah, I made something. I don’t think it can be called guacamole though, but it was close.
Therefore, I’m calling this, “Quick Avocado Salad.”
- 2 ripe avocados (purplish in color)
- red onion ( I only used a quarter of a bulb, even less)
- a bunch of parsley (Instead of the coriander/cilantro. I think they’re plant cousins or something.)
- tomatoes ( What I had were cherry tomatoes. I probably used 4 or 5, I forgot.)
- 1 lemon
What I did:
- I coarsely mashed the avocados, diced the red onions, and chopped my parsley.
- I mixed all three in a bowl, then added some freshly squeezed lemon juice, some salt, and sprinkled some pepper to taste.
- De-pulped and chopped tomatoes were mixed in last, just before I ate it.
Here’s how it looked like. 🙂 Healthy, brimming with fresh goodness!
I set aside some for experimental purposes. (Again?) What I did was, I mixed in a spoonful of plain yogurt to make a dip. I paired it with some Cheezy Doritos while watching “House M.D.” re-runs. Good times!